Audio Only Option
January 16, 2022
Jesus Is King Over His Kingdom
The Sermon on the Mount
Matthew was written to a Jewish audience to convience them that Jesus is King.
Jesus is King over His Kingdom... at this very moment.
- Prophets constantly reminded that the Good King was coming.
1.) The opposition to the kingdom. (Matt. 4-12)
- Harrod is rebuked by Jogn The Baptist so Harrod puts John in prison. Eventually murdered.
- The way of Jesus kingdom will challenge everything this world celebrates and loves.
- Don't be surprised by opposition.
2.) The advancement of the kingdom. (Matt. 4:13-17)
- Jesus takes His message and lives in Capernium - the heart of darkenss. "The land of shadow of death." Jesus is the light of the world.
- Jesus began to preach, "Repent, for the kingdom of God is here."
- Proverbs 14:12
3.) The invitation into the kingdom. (Matt. 4:18-25)
- Earthly kings force submission. Jesus invites with grace & mercy.
- Invited into a life of learning from the King.
- Answering the call binds you to Jesus and frees you from the world.